27 November 2013

Giving a tour of Kew Gardens Library, Art and Archives


In November, me and the other graduate trainee at Kew carried out a tour for some graduate trainees from Reading University. Unfortunately, I was unable to go to a reciprocal visit, so I really wanted to impress with a nice display of our rare books collection and illustrations.

The day itinerary mainly consisted of:


  • Meet & Greet


  • Intro to Library and Archives Graduate Trainees


  • Tour of the Library, Art and Archives


  • Lunch


  • Display presentation



  • Some of the material on display form the oldest part of our rare books collections within the library dating back to the 12-14th century. I also decided it was a good idea to put books that I had catalogued on display also. The book with the red card inside is featured on my new blog post called the The Living Fossil

    Next month, I will be shadowing and giving a tour of students and interns. So I am really looking forward to doing more tours.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment