26 September 2014

Belated greetings from China!

Tavian Hunter in Beijing

Is has been a really busy month for me since finishing at Kew. Not only have I been to Rome and Paris but I went on a trip around China. From Beijing, Macau, Guangdong and Hong Kong I had the greatest time exploring the well preserved cultural heritage. The variety of food from chicken feet  and cow intestines (which I am still not a fan of) to the more common chow mein, is definitely a one-time-only experience for me. 

Tavian Hunter at the top of Dinghu Mountain
I managed to also meet my boyfriends grandparents for the first time. Even though there was a very obvious language barrier, because I barely speak any Cantonese apart from saying "Hello!" "How are you?" and "Where is the toilet?", they were still very welcoming. 


Now, I am back in London and although I received this news while in China, my hotel internet connection wasn't the best to write blog posts. So to start off, I got my last two blog posts at Kew Gardens published. So I am offically now ex-Kew staff :( 


On happier news, a review of the Historic Librairies Forum workshop on Cataloguing Antiquarian and Early Printed Books, that I wrote months ago has finally been published*. You can check out all my posts below:




*(Bulletin 29 not yet posted but if you have an interest in librarianship in rare books of historical value please check out their site)

No comments:

Post a Comment